Minecraft Snapshot Update With Invisibility Potions And More
The latest Minecraft snapshot update “12w34a” is now being offered over on the Mojang blog. You should note that installing this could be risky being that it is just a snapshot and not live version so install with caution.
There a few noticeable changes you will see.
- You will notice changes in the maps and nether portals.
- You get new items and make things from these new items.
- You will notice an awesome new creature named the “Wither Boss”.
- Carrots and Potatoes are added.
The potatoes are a substance for baked potatoes and the carrots are used as a main ingredient for invisibility potions. Yep you read that right. Invisibility potions! As probably expected with an invisible potion, it makes you invisible. It also makes nearby mobs invisible. It however will not affect your armor or other items you have.
The Wither Boss creature is a floating, 3 header skeleton torso. It shoots skulls from each of its heads. The skulls explode as they are being shot out.
Minecraft Snapshot 12w34a Update Video
Other added/updated features as stated from the Mojang blog…
- Added item frames
- Added cobblestone walls (yes, mossy too)
- Maps now align to a grid, making it easier to create adjacent maps. Maps can also be cloned
- Stairs now auto-arrange into corners. This is a test and may change based on feedback
- Mobs can travel through portals
- Leather clothes can be dyed
- Removed the “wip block” from the creative menu
- Added two new crops and associated items
- F3+P will toggle the auto-pause when the window loses focus (it’s for debugging, mainly)
- F3+H will toggle detailed item descriptions (also for debugging)
- Added arrow-sensitive wooden buttons
- Trapdoors can be placed in top-most position (based on cross-hair aim)