Get Creative With The JohnSmith Texture Pack
A lot of Minecraft gamers tend to want to explore beyond the default Minecraft Texture Pack in order to change things up a bit. There are a ton of free texture packs you can download but one of our favorites is the JohnSmith Texture Pack.
The JohnSmith Texture Pack is very popular among Minecrafters and is one of the most downloaded texture packs. There are a ton of great features within this pack, which is why it is so highly downloaded.
This awesome texture pack was created by JohnSmith27 and made available for free. The JohnSmith Texture Pack is very detailed and what some would consider beautiful. It is in 32x resolution which is double the default 16x which is one of the reasons why the graphics look better. Keep in mind however that if you are playing on an older computer you may experience a decrease in performance due to lag.
JohnSmith Texture Pack V9a Changes for Minecraft version 1.1
* The lighting has been updated so it is not as dark.
* The potion from Minecraft 1.2 has been updated.
* The sapling has been updated
* There are new sky colors and fog colors. Note: this requires MC Patcher.
How to Download and Install JohnSmith Texture Pack
1. You first need to download MCPatcher HD
2. Then download the JohnSmith Texture Pack below by filling in the verification form and click the download button.
3. Grab the zip file that was saved to your computer and paste it into a folder named texturepacks in your Minecraft folder.
4. Make sure and run MCPatcher HD and click Patch.
5. Now open Minecraft and go to the Texture Packs and Mods area and choose the JohnSmith Texture Pack from this area.
DOWNLOAD THE JohnSmith TEXTURE BELOW
Video About The JohnSmith Texture Pack
This video shows off some different Minecraft graphical enhancements.