Guncraft First Person Shooter Game Looks Like Minecraft
We stumbled upon Guncraft which is a voxel-based first person shooter game which the creators are trying to get funding for on Kickstarter. A few things stood out about this game.
- The name has “craft” in it like Minecraft.
- The logo and font type they are using for the logo looks very similar as the Minecraft logo.
- Characters and construction is cube-based like Minecraft.
While it is not hard to understand why game developers take inspiration from Minecraft, we can’t help but feel that some of it may be going a little overboard and taking too much from Minecraft. Especially with the logo, name and block characters. On the other hand, this game is a shooter game with a different concept and will most likely appeal to a different crowd.
From the creators “Guncraft is a first person shooter utilizing voxel (cube-based) based levels and graphics as well as construction elements. We strive for this game to be a mainstream first person shooter experience utilizing all the best features of a voxel, Minecraft-style engine.”
Guncraft will allow you to:
- Create craters in the ground
- Blow giant holes in the side of buildings
- Kill someone by destroying the ground underneath them and dropping them to their untimely doom.
The game will let you build anything with blocks and you can construct what the game calls “Prefabs”. The Prefabs are custom built, full structures created by the player.
What do you guys think of this game? Do you think it is worthy of funding through Kickstarter?
The Executive Producer of Guncraft John Getty posted a comment about the game. See the comments section below to read what he has to say.